The fifties was a decade known for the rise of rock n’ roll. Artists like Chuck Berry and Buddy Holly were major influences for the bands of today. The fashion was a flurry of full skirts, pretty polka dots and peep toe heels. Be inspired by the fashionable fifties for your wedding.
1. Swap strapless meringue wedding dresses for short, simple lace dresses with full skirts. (Fairy Goth Mother)
2. Add a tilt hat, white flowers and a veil slightly covering the face to authenticate the fifties look. (Etsy)
3. Guests can wear corsages in honour of fifties high school proms. (Etsy)
5. Also, arrive in style by hiring a Cadillac for your wedding cars. (Pinterest)
6. The cake should be layered but how many is up to you, white is a more obvious choice however a green or pastel coloured cake would look just the part. (Bridal Musings)
7. Flowers should be placed in a jug for a more personal feel and touch. (One Fab Day)
8. For the more feminine touch, use polka dots and flowers for your wedding invitations. (Folksy)